Sunday, January 19, 2014

7-12 Week Old

Baby Ethan turned 7 week old when we got back to SD on the 16th of Dec. The first few days were rough at night cuz his sleep schedule was complete "wacky"! I was taking care of him at night and he would want to be picked up and held every hour. A few days later I got Derek to sleep with us (so all 3 of us are in baby's nursery now) and it got easier. Over the following weeks Baby Ethan got better at having a clearer sleep eat play schedule during the day and night time sleep got better too. Between 11-12th week he went from waking up every 3 hr at night (9:30 pm, 12:30 am, 3:30 am) to every 3 hr (10 pm, 2 am, 6 am). That made it much easier for me and Derek and we felt more rested.

Since I was still on maternity leave I would take care of him during the day while having my MIL (mother in law) take care of him when I go out. There was lots of baby shopping and returning going on. It is hard to not buy cute clothes for him as baby clothes are in deed so cute!

At the time of writing this post I will be going back to work tomorrow (1/20) when he is 12 weeks old. I will be going on business trips when he is 13 weeks old and will be gone for 4 days. Hopefully he will do okay with Derek and my MIL. I will miss his cute little face! But I guess I will enjoy the 4 night of sleep too!

He is growing FAST! At 2 month check up he weighed 12 lb 12 oz. We will have his 4-month check up on 2/28...I wonder how much he will weight then.

我可愛的帥寶寶!





No comments:

Post a Comment